The Loudoun Symphony Youth Orchestra is proud to present three concerts in the 2014-2015 season:
- December 13th, 2014 An Afternoon at the Opera
- March 21st, 2015 Ensembles for Everyone
- May 9th, 2015 Spring Concert
The Loudoun Symphony Youth Orchestra (LSYO) provides performing opportunities for middle school and high school students who have at least three years of experience with a private teacher or in school music programs.
Participation is by audition. All members are re-auditioned annually. Auditions are generally held the first weekend after school begins in the fall and then as needed to fill open positions. A registration fee of $25 is required in order to audition.
LSYO rehearses each Monday during the school year from 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm. Rehearsals include professionally directed sectionals, a master class, and a concerto competition. Scheduled concert dates are TBD.
Rehearsals and concerts generally take place at Stone Bridge High School in Ashburn from 7-9pm. Many thanks to Stone Bridge staff, Fine Arts faculty, and especially Band Director Dr. Keller!
Tuition is $400 for the full year. Some scholarships are available on a need basis.
LSYO AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
- prepared Excerpts (will be posted online on the first week of July)
- scales up to 4 flats and 4 sharps, chromatic scales for all wind and brass All scales should be memorized
- percussion: audition will be arranged separately due to availability of the instruments.